Newsletter - Links - Advertise - Contact Us - Privacy
 

Historic Buildings & Conservation

This category includes historic buildings and conservation projects that have been completed since last May. To find buildings from previous years please use the archive and search functions on the menu to the right.
Browse Buildings:
Buildings 1-12 out of 12 displayed.
Aberdeen Music Hall has been at the centre of cultural life in the north-east of Scotland since the 1850s. Thirty years on from a major refurbishment, the celebrated concert hall was in need of repair and a new vision to position it to serve the...

Ashludie House sits within the Ashludie Grange development and forms part of the regeneration of this historic part of Monifieth. The Jacobean style mansion was built in 1866 and designed by the prolific Dundee architect James MacLaren. The...

MAST Architects delivered their latest conservation project recently as the transformation of the Category B Listed former Carnegie Library in Coatbridge into affordable housing was completed for Clyde Valley Housing Association. Located within...

The restoration of Cupar’s Burgh Chambers reinstated an abandoned and endangered historic gem to its rightful position as the dazzling centrepiece of the town’s Georgian townscape, and a symbol of economic regeneration in a struggling...

The first major arts hub in the Highlands iprovides urgently needed studios for everyone from photographers and textile designers to an artist who knits glass. LDN Architects are at the heart of the two-phase Inverness Creative Academy project...

The conversion of the disused old Mill building provided many challenges. Predominantly those relating to the constraints provided by the existing structural layout. The introduction of three new stair cores and two new lift shafts were necessary...

Simpson & Brown worked with the Willow Tea Rooms Trust to help restore the 1903 Charles Rennie Mackintosh designed Willow Tea Rooms and create a world class exhibition and education centre in the adjacent building. Appointed as project...

Queen’s Cross Church near the centre of Aberdeen is an impressive A listed Victorian building with a range of different facilities for church and community use. The church members are keen to make better use of these facilities and to...

St John’s Church is an A listed building in the centre of Edinburgh.  Since opening in 1818 it has been modified several times, the church hall being the most significant addition was completed in 1916. LDN Architects proposals...

The Fife Arms, a landmark building in the Scottish village of Braemar, has been restored to its former glory as the centre of the community after an extensive four-year programme of regeneration and restoration. The former Victorian coaching inn...

The Law School occupies the entire northern half of Old College, Robert Adam’s masterwork in Edinburgh. This quadrangle building, completed by William Playfair, provided all the University’s accommodation until it expanded into larger...

Following an international open competition in 2013, Hoskins Architects – in collaboration with Ralph Appelbaum Associates – were appointed to redevelop the Weltmuseum Wien’s exhibition and visitor facilities. The 7,500m²...

Back to Scotland's New Buildings

Search
Subscribe to Urban Realm Magazine
Features & Reports
For more information from the industry visit our Features & Reports section.