Newsletter - Links - Advertise - Contact Us - Privacy
 

White House

White House
2011
A new house in and around the ruins of 'The White House' where Boswell and Johnston visited during their tour of the Hebrides in 1773. The spectacularly cleft ruin is to be consolidated and only partly occupied. A glazed living room link connects a wing of domestic accommodation to the west, which is sheltered by a massive dry stone wall that extends into the landscape, extending the ancient patterns of enclosure analysed in the drawing above left. The building was completed in late June 2010.

Photography: Andrew Lee
PROJECT: White House
LOCATION: Coll
CLIENT: Mr & Mrs MacLaon
ARCHITECT: WT Architecture
White House
White House

Back to Historic Buildings & Conservation

Search
Subscribe to Urban Realm Magazine
Features & Reports
For more information from the industry visit our Features & Reports section.