Ashludie House sits within the Ashludie Grange development and forms part of the regeneration of this historic part of Monifieth. The Jacobean style mansion was built in 1866 and designed by the prolific Dundee architect James MacLaren.
The development consists of the restoration and conversion of the B Listed Ashludie House into a mix of 10 apartments and 3 houses. The ground floor apartments will retain the splendour of the highly decorative Victorian ceilings in the principal rooms, with all the apartments sharing the common entrance hall, which has a finely carved existing staircase and stained glass windows which will be retained and restored.
Ashludie House sits within grounds of mature trees and will retain its setting within the overall development, with the building being returned to its former glory to create modern apartments.