Glasgow Film Theatre
In 2011, The Glasgow Film Theatre embarked on a phased journey to deliver a masterplan vision for a significant refurbishment to the much-loved category B-listed building and former 1930’s James McKissack’s cinema building.
The first phase alteration works, complete in late 2013, was the introduction of a new entrance threshold a new third cinema auditorium space. This phase, what we call the Completion Project, focuses on the full refurbishment & alteration to both the public & private areas throughout the cinema building.
Spatially the project focuses around the creation a new foyer or ‘new room in the city’ that generates a distinctive operational space to organise and direct film goers around the building but equally offering a suite of new contemporary, but sub consciously familiar, interiors detailed and enriched by a carefully selected material palate.