Newsletter - Links - Advertise - Contact Us - Privacy

Collaborative Workplace Environment

Collaborative Workplace Environment
'Nine’ is a 90,000sq.ft. speculative (BioIncubator) laboratory and office development (designed by Michael Laird Architects for Scottish Enterprise) at Edinburgh’s BioQuarter. Since its completion in 2012 the building has proven to be a commercial success with over 75% of the building let and the remaining 25% under negotiation.

In 2013 the Design Team were commissioned to create a collaborative workplace environment on the second floor for a series of organisations involved in ground-breaking information handling research in the life science and health sector.

The Farr Institute (in itself a consortium of seven Scottish universities and the NHS NSS), the ADRC-S and the UIPHSI now occupy 20,000 sq.ft on the top floor of the building with stunning views to the north overlooking Edinburgh’s Royal Infirmary campus.

PROJECT: Collaborative Workplace Environment
LOCATION: Building Nine, Edinburgh’s BioQuarter
ARCHITECT: Michael Laird Architects
QUANTITY SURVEYOR: Faithful and Gould
INTERIOR DESIGNER: Michael Laird Architects
Collaborative Workplace Environment
Collaborative Workplace Environment
Collaborative Workplace Environment

Main Contractor:  Robertson Construction Limited
Flooring:  Phoenix Flooring

Back to Interiors and exhibitions