Aberdeen City Garden shortlist unveiled
July 24 2011
Each team will now prepare concept designs ahead of a September deadline and public exhibition whereupon a panel of experts will begin the process of evaluating the designs.
The shortlisted teams are:
- Diller Scofidio and Renfro / Keppie Design in association with Olin Studio.
- Foster & Partners / Vladimir Djurovic Landscape Architecture in association with Gardiner & Theobald.
- Snohetta / Gareth Hoskins Architects in association with AECOM.
- Gustafson Porter / Niall McLaughlin Architects in association with Space Syntax, Arup and Jackson Coles.
- Mecanoo Architecten / Cooper Cromar in association with Ian White, Buro Happold and Davis Langdon.
- West 8 in association with Arup and Turner & Townsend
Organised by Malcolm Reading Consultants the project is intended to cover over the existing Denburn dual carriageway and railway line in a bid to increase public space.
Campaigners have reacted angrily to the plans however, pointing out that the hugely expensive undertaking comes at a time of cutbacks in the city council.
Read next: Former NTS HQ redevelopment castigated
Read previous: Roses Design Awards entry deadline extended
Back to July 2011
Like us on Facebook
Become a fan and share
Features & Reports
For more information from the industry visit our Features & Reports section.