Victoria Infirmary redevelopment wins final approval
May 8 2018413 new homes of a redeveloped Victoria Infirmary in Langside, including some office space and retail units.
Penned by Collective Architecture the plans will save a run of historically important Nightingale Pavilions along Battlefield Road while opening up the island site with new elements of public realm and a pedestrian connection to Queen’s Park.
Peter Martin, Sanctuary’s group director commented: “This planning approval is welcome news and coincides with the conclusion of Sanctuary’s £60 million regeneration of Anderston in central Glasgow. As at Anderston this project will offer affordable homes plus jobs and training opportunities for young people.
“Our plans for the former Victoria Infirmary site demonstrate Sanctuary’s continued commitment to Glasgow and will see us invest many millions of pounds in the city.”
The Victoria was first built in 1888 to designs by Campbell, Douglas and Sellars architects before closing its doors for the final time in 2015.
Back to May 2018
Like us on Facebook
Become a fan and share
Features & Reports
For more information from the industry visit our Features & Reports section.