Former Ayr Cathedral included in Doors Open Day
August 14 2013Cathedral of the Good Shepherd, is to open its doors to the public once more as a participant in this year’s Doors Open Day programme.
Designed by William Corrie and Torry in 1957 the C listed building was subsequently converted into new homes by Ayrshire Housing and ARPL Architects.
This process saw the bell tower and main gable of the imposing brick structure retained whilst 25 new flats and houses were built behind in a similar style around a central courtyard.
Access to the building will be possible between 13:00 and 16:00 on Sunday 8 September.
Back to August 2013
Like us on Facebook
Become a fan and share
Features & Reports
For more information from the industry visit our Features & Reports section.