Lews Castle wins big on the lottery
March 29 2010
The money will be allocated toward restoration of the castle and creation of a museum and archive alongside a “commercially operated hospitality venture.”
This centre would be used as a base to coordinate community heritage work in over 20 separate sites throughout the Outer Hebrides.
Lews Castle was built from the proceeds of the Chinese opium trade by James Matheson in 1847 and is currently on the Buildings at Risk Register.
Back to March 2010
Like us on Facebook
Become a fan and share
Features & Reports
For more information from the industry visit our Features & Reports section.