Airdrie Town Hall refurbished for 100th anniversary
October 25 2012
The comprehensive upgrade has allowed creation of a new café, gallery, toilets and lift opening up access to lesser hall as well as the installation of new windows, re-roofing and remodeling work to the entrance.
These are contained within two separate extensions on the eastern and southern elevations, both of which are clad in polished ashlar stone where they connect with the existing building.
Works were funded by North Lanarkshire Council, Heritage Lottery Fund, Creative Scotland, Town Centre Regeneration Fund, BIFFA, Land Trust and private donations.
Airdrie Town hall first opened its doors to the public on 16 October 1912 and was designed by local architect John Thomson on a budget of just £10k bequeathed by local businessman Sir John Wilson.
Back to October 2012
Like us on Facebook
Become a fan and share
Features & Reports
For more information from the industry visit our Features & Reports section.