Posted on 27 Sep 2019
Job Title: INTERIOR DESIGNER
Company: Michael Laird Architects
Michael Laird Architects (MLA) are seeking to employ an enthusiastic, creative interior designer to support our busy architectural practice.
MLA is an established architectural and interior design practice with prestigious projects in Scotland and across the UK. For the right candidate an exciting opportunity has arisen to lead a varied range of projects from start to finish.
We are looking for a talented interior designer to join our Edinburgh Interiors Team. Whilst being proficient with various software programmes is expected, we are looking for someone with real design flair to drive the innovative side of projects.
Applicants should have at least 4-5 years’ experience, be appropriately qualified to degree level and should be passionate about creating innovative spaces for their clients.
Job Roles & Responsibilities;
• Interior Design project lead.
• Project lead designer on small projects and support larger projects
• Passionate about design quality and innovation.
• Interest in project briefing and Workplace Consultancy
• Interest in Business Development and job winning
• Track record in job delivery experience, with high quality design output.
• Technical understanding of projects and compliance legislation
• Contract delivery experience
Technical skills required;
• Adobe Creative Suite / Cloud – InDesign, Photoshop etc – essential
• Sketch up - essential
• AutoCAD - essential
• MS Office – word, ppt, excel - essential
• Revit/ BIM – an advantage
• Business management systems – Union Square – an advantage
Candidates should preferably demonstrate;
• Professional (technical) firm experience
• Team player with a collegiate approach to design
• Excellent communication skills both externally and internally – written and verbal
• Focused on excellent service delivery
• Flexible, energetic and enthusiastic approach
• Committed, reliable and trustworthy
• Appropriate professional qualifications
Salary negotiable depending on experience. If you feel you could be the right candidate for this role please send your CV and examples of work to email@example.com
No agencies please