Strahoun, Millport, Isle of Cumbrae
Strahoun is a detached house situated in an elevated position in Millport. The centre section was constructed in the 1850's with a large 2-storey portico gable wing added some years later. A single storey 1970's extension was demolished as part of the general upgrading.
A significant re-organisation of the internal space was required with a new 2-storey portico gable wing constructed to give the building a balanced appearance.
Extensive fabric repairs, window replacement and renewal of internal finishes and features were required due to extent of timber and fabric decay.
Drawing Room with restored cornice and new fireplace
Garden view of completed restoration and extension
Kitchen in new wing
New 2 storey extension from garden approach
View of master bedroom with panelllng and restored cornicing.
Back to Stewart Associates