Rosslyn chapel is an A listed building and Scheduled Ancient Monument, built in the 1400’s, and is particularly renowned for it’s exquisitely detailed stone carvings.
A major restoration and conservation project has recently been completed on the chapel, and a new visitors centre built alongside the original shop and café.
We have provided a simple, Scottish sourced palette of materials to complement the setting. Caithness paving, new whin kerbs and reclaimed whin setts are used to provide a simple approach to the new visitors centre and café terrace. A single line of yew hedge sits against the precinct walls and behind bespoke oak benches, which complement the oak beams used within the roof structure of the Page / Park designed building.
The chapel precincts were also rationalised and simplified, with lawn, gravel and box hedging set against the original stone precinct walls and reinstated railings.