Tree Consultancy Group has provided specialist arboricultural consultancy services to a wide range of professional and private clients for over 28 years.
Our particular areas of expertise are in planning and development, tree safety and risk assessment, and as expert witnesses at planning appeals and public inquiries.
The Town and Country Planning (Scotland) Act 1997 places a duty on Local Planning Authorities to ensure that adequate provision is made for the protection of trees when considering any new development. Proposed developments which do not take full account of existing trees may be refused consent.
It is therefore essential to consider any trees on or near the site early in the design and planning process. Where trees present constraints on the full use of the site, the input from an arboriculturist should be sought to assess which trees should be retained, and to advise on aspects of the design to ensure that they are successfully integrated into the development.
We provide the following services:-
- Pre-development tree surveys carried out in accordance with BS5837:2012 ‘Trees in relation to design, demolition and construction - Recommendations' including production of CAD tree survey and constraints plans
- Advising on the arboricultural aspects of planning applications
- Arboricultural Impact Assessments in support of planning applications
- Arboricultural Method Statements
- Tree Protection Plans
- Carrying out development site supervision and inspections
- Preparation and submission of representations for planning appeals
- Representation at hearings and local inquiries.
We regularly act as part of development teams working with architects, planners, surveyors, engineers, landscape architects and ecologists. Our reputation is for being thorough and pragmatic, giving robust advice through our interpretation of local plan policies and all relevant legislation.
Living Planet Centre - WWF Headquarters, Woking
Royal Ascot Racecourse redevelopment
Project Allenby/Connaught (MoD)
Cameron Hospital, Fife
Normansfield Hospital, Richmond
Royal Windsor Racecourse
Brands Hatch Motor racing circuit
Royal Hospital for Neuro-Disability, Putney
Back to Tree Surveying