Relight delight for Cranhill
Send to friend
* Required fields
March 10 2009
The UFO-like Cranhill Water Storage tower was built in the 1950’s to supply water from loch Katrine and is a well known landmark for motorists along the M8.
A previous lighting scheme initiated in 1999 by Collective Architecture was dimmed in 2005 with the exhaustion of funds. This time around that eventuality has been assuaged with the introduction of an LED format installation which brings with it lower power consumption, less maintenance and a longer life.
The lighting of the Cranhill Water Storage Tower is supported by Glasgow City Council’s Lighting Strategy, City Building (Glasgow) LLP, Glasgow Community Planning Partnership and Glasgow East Regeneration Agency.
Back to March 2009
Like us on Facebook
Become a fan and share
Features & Reports
For more information from the industry visit our Features & Reports section.