Vacancy Details - Urban Designer or Senior Urban Designer
Job Title: URBAN DESIGNER OR SENIOR URBAN DESIGNER
Company: Barton Willmore
Barton Willmore is the UK’s leading independent integrated Planning and Design consultancy, led by 21 Partners and employing around 350 employees in 12 regional offices across the UK.
Following continuous success, we are looking to strengthen our current design team by recruiting an Urban Designer or Senior Urban Designer (from a design or Architectural background) for our Edinburgh office to support with medium and large scale residential and mixed use development masterplans and layouts in the Scottish and North of England markets.
This is an exciting and unique opportunity for the right candidate to be involved in high profile residential projects and to develop their skills whilst working in a multi-disciplinary and supportive team environment. The successful candidate will have proven professional experience in a design role and will be fully AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite and Sketchup fluent. The candidate will be technically proficient, enthusiastic and interested in place making.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
· Working predominantly on medium and large scale residential and mixed use masterplans and housing layouts
· Contributing to the design process by producing diagrams and documents
· Producing outstanding work to a specific brief and within tight deadlines
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
· Experience working on UK residential and mixed use development masterplans and a proven track record in the delivery of Urban Design or Masterplanning projects
· An understanding of Architecture and an ability to develop detailed codes and 3D briefs
· A strong design background, ideally with an MA or Postgraduate Diploma in Urban Design
· Excellent written communication skills
· An awareness of Planning issues and Local Authority design standards in layouts
· Ability to produce high quality hand drawings
· Fluency in AutoCAD, Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator and Sketchup (Revit would be beneficial)
· Excellent team-working skills
· A willingness to learn and progress
· Ability to manage their own time and workload independently
· Business development capability – able to engage with clients and sell integrated design services.
Other desirable attributes would be:
· Excellent and in depth house builder / developer knowledge
· Familiarity with housing layouts and an ability to produce 1:1000 block plan/proving layouts for residential and mixed use schemes
· Proficiency in Revit (although training will be provided)
If you would like to be considered for this exciting opportunity and have the required skills and experience then we would be delighted to hear from you. Please send your CV and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org, including details on your availability to start the position should you be successful and information on your current salary.
If you require any further information please call 0118 943 0000.
The closing date for this position is Friday 31st March 2017
*no agencies please*
Back to Jobs
"We were inundated with responses to our advert posted on Urban Realm and were able to reach our target employees much easier than through more generic job search sites. Would highly recommend."
"We have had an exceptional response from advertising through the Urban Realm job page and will continue to utilise this fantastic means of advertising going forward."
Comprehensive Design Architects
"We recently advertised a vacancy in our Edinburgh studio on Urban Realm. The team were really helpful and efficient in uploading the advert and we got a great response to it. We would definitely use the site for any future vacancies"
Speirs + Major
Browse the latest vacancies from across the industry.
If you would like to advertise a vacancy contact the Urban Realm sales department on 0141 356 5333 or email email@example.com