Newsletter - Links - Advertise - Contact Us - Cookies
 

Rosslyn Chapel & Visitors Centre

Rosslyn chapel is an A listed building and Scheduled Ancient Monument, built in the 1400’s, and is particularly renowned for it’s exquisitely detailed stone carvings. A major restoration and conservation project has recently been completed on the chapel, and a new visitors centre built alongside the original shop and café. We have provided a simple, Scottish sourced palette of materials to complement the setting. Caithness paving, new whin kerbs and reclaimed whin setts are used to provide a simple approach to the new visitors centre and café terrace. A single line of yew hedge sits against the precinct walls and behind bespoke oak benches, which complement the oak beams used within the roof structure of the Page / Park designed building. The chapel precincts were also rationalised and simplified, with lawn, gravel and box hedging set against the original stone precinct walls and reinstated railings.

Back to Ian White Associates Landscape Architects

Ian White Associates Landscape Architects
Contact Details
Phone: 01786 446446
Address:
3A Forrest Road
Stirling FK8 1UH
No. of architects: 5
No. of staff: 8
Principal Contacts
Skills

Environmental assessment

Environmental studies

Feasibility studies

Heritage and nature

Landscaping design

Masterplanning

Signage and wayfinding

Sports

Sustainable design

Urban design

Urban planning

Subscribe to Urban Realm Magazine
Features & Reports
For more information from the industry visit our Features & Reports section.